Magento Bundle Products Import
Date: October 10, 2013
You may need to sell your products in sets and allow clients to “construct” the purchase by selecting among offered items the ones that fit best. A good example of bundle item in Magento can be PC. Basically when you need to buy computer you most likely will have to indicate RAM size and might need additionally web-cam or headset of certain brand.
In case there are multiple goods you would like to be bundle, you might be looking for possibility to add them in bulk. Store Manager for Magento extends the abilities of product import function and allows to correctly upload bundle products keeping relations with associated simple goods.
Magento import of bundle products via Store Manager can be used for assigning existing simple products to main bundle item as well as for creating completely new sets of goods.
For that it is required to place the data in special format in your spreadsheet for import. Here are a few required fields to be included in the file for successful bundle products upload with explanation of what information to be included and specific format:
- Identificator field(s): Product ID, SKU, Name for goods to be uploaded without errors returning. This is especially important for products update, since the fields will serve for linking associated products to parent one. Besides, there should be included identifiers for main bundle product as well as for simple products you upload.
- Product type - which goods are bundle and which are simple ones.
- Bundle Ship - in front of bundle item you have to indicate “Together” for the items to be shipped as one.
- Bundle Options - this column should be filled in for main bundle product and should contain the following information - name of bundle option (the text that will be shown for client before selection variant), code for input type of option (select for drop-down, checkbox etc), 1 for required option or 0 for non-required one, option position number. The mentioned info should be separated by delimiter.
For example - option name;checkbox;1;2
In most cases there are multiple options and values for each option. They should be indicated like here -
first option;select;1;1,second option;checkbox;0;2
(as you see information belonging to one and the same option is divided by semicolon and one option from another is separated by comma symbol).
- Bundle Selections - this field should contain 5 entries related to each associated simple product. For example - SKU;5;1;2;1,
where SKU is simple product’s SKU, 5 - number for product position, 1 for marking it as default (put 0 if not), 2 for default quantity and 1 for user defined (put 0 if not). You see there that information related to one associated simple product is separated by semi-colon, so do not forget about separators. For multiple simple products you need to divide them either by double of other delimiter you use.
Here is example of file format for Magento import of bundle products:
Please, remember that in case you upload new products, you also need to include all the fields required for new entities creation and visibility at the front-end.
Proceed with information upload though Import/Export Wizard of Store Manager for Magento -http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/magento-product-management/magento-import-products
Extend the possibilities of Magento admin importing bundle products in bulk with Store Manager for Magento.
By Maria Kvasnytska