How to Copy Categories in Magento 2
As you might know, Magento 2 allows to apply duplication only to products, but not categories. To help you out, Store Manager provides you with the advantageous possibility to copy Magento 2 categories with / without products or subcategories and preserving their configuration settings.
Why to Copy Magento 2 Categories With Store Manager?
- The procedure can be accomplished in few clicks and requires no coding
- You can copy/ paste categories in bulk
- Choose whether to duplicate categories with / without products
- Duplicate categories with / without subcategories
- Drag-n-drop categories to change the parent category
How to Duplicate Magento 2 Categories
The procedure is extremely simple. Here how you can duplicate Magento 2 categories with Store Manager:
- In 'Store' tab go to 'Products & Categories' section and find the category tree.
- Select necessary store view from the corresponding dropdown and right-click on the category/ies you want to duplicate and select 'Copy selected categories to clipboard' action.
- Select necessary copy options:
- Copy categories with their products
- Copy categories with their subcategories
It is possible to select the parent category during duplication:
- Paste categories into root category
- Paste categories into selected category
Now you can modify the duplicated category using the 'Edit category' option from the context menu.
With Store Manager you can drag'n'drop categories back and forth the category tree. This allows you to change the parent category in one click.
The application allows you to duplicate Magento 2 categories with products and categories per specific website and store view. In addition, you can select parent category and suitable copy / paste options during duplication.
Copy / Paste Magento 2 categories with products / subcategories for free - Try Now