Import Magento Product Images from Local Files or external HTTP/FTP Source
Store Manager allows you to Import and Upload Magento Product Images from local or external HTTP or FTP source using Magento Product Import Wizard.
In order to do it you need to make sure that you set-up FTP Settings page correctly:
Check ftp connection:
Prepare a .csv file for Import. Make sure it contains all required columns (as Product ID, Product Model (SKU) etc.) and a column with correct image names for each product. For details, please check here.
- Image names (all images should be at your local PC in one folder, do not use subfolders). For example: imagename1.jpg
- Image URLs (External URLs from your supplier - HTTP or FTP location). For example: http://yoursupplier.com/images/imagename1.jpg
- In case you have image names, specify them as follows: imagename1.jpg, imagename2.jpg, imagename3.jpg
- In case you have External URLs from your supplier, specify: http://yoursupplier.com/images/imagename1.jpg, http://yoursupplier.com/images/imagename2.jpg, http://yoursupplier.com/images/imagename3.jpg,
Also the following options are available:
- Clear Image Gallery - allows you to clear current Image Gallery for the Products you are updating. (!)
- Delete images from FTP - if this option is checked the Images of Products that you update while import will be erased from your FTP during the Import.
- Generate new file name and upload as new image if image with current name already exists - a new image file will be created instead of replacing the existing one if their names are the same.
- Local directory with images - in this field please indicate local directory with the images that you would like to import (can be used only in case you have image name in your .csv file and images are in some folder on your local PC.
Preview import results:
Complete import. Once import is finished, Store Manager will Upload your Images to FTP automatically and you will be able to see Images in product page. You can check the result once the upload is complete.