How to setup direct and bridge.php connection
Direct Connection to MySQL Server
To configure direct connection to your remote database, follow a few steps:
- Open Settings -> Preferences -> Database Connection Tab (F12)
- Enable Direct connection to remote database check-box
- Uncheck Use local (embedded) database.
- Specify the following Remote Database Connection Settings:
-- Host (Server address) - Usually it is your website name like "mywebsite.com"
-- Port - 3306
-- User name (login)
-- Database (name)
- Click Ok to save this entry
You can find these details at your store root /app/etc directory. Open local.xml file.
NOTE: You need to add your IP to your access list so you could use direct connection.
PHP MySQL Bridge Connection
To configure PHP MySQL bridge connection, follow few steps:
- Download the latest version of PHP MySQL Bridge. You can download it here.
- Edit bridge.php file - change default user name (default username is 1) and password (default password is 1) to keep your store protected. In order to do it you need to open bridge.php file using NotePad or other text editor and find the following rows there: $username = "1"; $password = "1"; You need to put your own values instead of "1" in both lines. Also you need to uncomment /tmp directory in bridge.php file, create tmp folder in your store root and set 777 permission.
- Copy bridge to your online store root (catalog) directory. Bridge should be accessible as https://www.mywebsite.com/bridge.php
- Open Store Manager -> Settings -> Preferences (F12) and enable PHP MySQL bridge connection check-box.
- Specify the following PHP MySQL Bridge and Local Database Connection Settings
-- Bridge URL - Specify Bridge URL
-- Username and Password - Specify those you used to specify in bridge.php file (see step 2)
-- Database Name - Specify local database name (type name manually)
- Click Ok to save this entry.