How to Perform Magento 2 Automated Product Import
Magento e-Commerce demands fast and successful product import fulfillment. It can’t be denied or called in question, as it’s the base for constantly updated and customer-oriented store content.
Magento 2 Automated Import of products is infallible and irreplaceable tool for each and every store owner who need to synchronize data on schedule. You will accomplish data import faster than you’ve done it ever before.
Configuring Magento 2 Scheduled Product Import
After launching Magento 2 Automated Import you should perform each and every step of configuration setup heedfully to get data uploaded successfully. Here you will find short overview of settings you need to proceed with to perform efficient data upload.
- To launch Automated Product Import go to Store Manager 'Addons' Tab and find it in the addon list. Once you hit its button Automated Product Import window will appear.
- In the left corner of this window you can see 'Create or Modify Import Configuration' option. Before you start upload process you have to set up Magento 2 automated import configuration or select the one you have already set. Thus, having pressed this button you will get the window where you need to indicate source type and name of the file which will undergo the import procedure.
- Preview step comes next. Here you should specify your .csv file delimiters. These values are used to separate columns and strings of .csv file, used for Magento 2 cron import. In the .csv File Preview window given below you can check whether the values you have indicated are correct and data are organized properly in the file. It is very convenient and helps to avoid mistakes occurrence.
- Next step of Magento 2 automated import configuring foresees field delimiter and quote character specifying. Here you have to choose the values to separate data in the file - categories in category tree, images in image gallery, etc. If you need to import images to your shopping cart, tick the corresponding box below and choose other option required.
- On this step you have to assign columns of .csv file to appropriate database fields and indicate product identification and product relation identification method.
- Having pressed 'Next' button, you will get the Preview Import window. Here you can one more time make sure that the data are organized correctly and are ready to be imported properly.
- Next step foresees import options indicating. Select the import method required. Using the corresponding option you can do reindex right in the process of data import. Though it slows the speed of the import process, but you can be sure that products will be displayed properly at your frontend without having to do re-index from your admin after the process.
- Now create the schedule task for Magento import. In 'Add Scheduler Task' window indicate the start time and frequency for automated data upload. Thus, from now onwards import will be performed automatically according to the schedule.
If you need the software to constantly fetch the latest file from the directory you can use asterisks symbol in the path to spreadsheet. For example:
D:\Magento files\*.csv - in this case the software will pick the latest file from folder Magento files
http://yoursuppliersite.com/magento*.csv - in this case you have files magento02-04-2015.csv, magento02-05-2015.csv, than the software will fetch latest by date file.
Set Up Automated Import Tasks Free Set Now!
On condition that you have to run products import in this very moment, press the button 'Run Import' placed on the Automated Product Import window toolbar.
Once the process is finished you can check the results in After Import section. Here new products are marked with light-green colour, modified products - with blue, deleted - with red.
Automated Product Import option of Store Manager is approachable and simple in usage. With this tool product upload turns to on-fly procedure. It gives you an opportunity to import product from internal as well as from external sources and synchronize products with your distributor automatically on a schedule. Rely upon smooth product uploading and updating with Automated Product Import Addon.
Set Up Scheduled Import Tasks Free Try It Now!
Schedule Automated Cron Tasks Not Overloading Your Server
Check the tips to prevent your Magento server from overload when executing cron tasks including import/export, database backup/restore, updates etc. Read More...
How to Fetch and Import Most Recent File into Magento?
Find out how to quickly configure automatic import of the latest file from directory (automimport zip files too). Read More...