Magento – Attribute Sets
Magento store content management is impossible without neat attributes and attribute sets arranging. At times online merchants can encounter inconveniences and inaccuracies, while creating attributes and assigning them to proper attribute sets. Store Manager for Magento streamlines this process and makes it less of messy for each and every user of this eCommerce platform.
First of all, let’s give definition to “attribute set” notion.
How to Organize Attributes and Attribute Sets via Admin?
Attributes and attribute sets are listed in corresponding tabs in Catalog->Attributes submenu of Magento Admin panel.
Firstly you are supposed to configure necessary attributes, afterwards you have to switch to Attributes->Manage Attributes, create required attribute set and add just created attributes to it.
In case attribute set already exists, you need simply to move Magento attributes to it.
How to Quickly Organize Attribute Sets with Store Manager
Store Manager organizes attributes, attribute sets and groups within one section and you do not need to open extra windows and experience continuous page loads.To derive the list of product attributes, sets and groups, switch to “Attributes” tab of the application. You will see the window, divided into three parts - unassigned attributes to the right of the window, attribute sets - to the left and list of attribute groups between them.
Magento attribute sets, disposed in the left window pane, are being efficiently managed with the help of operations, accessible on the toolbar or in the context menu. What exactly actions can be carried out?
Arrange product attributes FREE with Store Manager for MagentoGet It Now
- Refresh attribute sets list - refresh the list to derive the latest records
- Add the attribute set - use this functionality to replenish store database with new attribute set. Once you press this button, you will derive the dialog box with the fields undermentioned:
- Name - input the title for Magento attribute set you are adding
- Sort Order - position current attribute set will take in the list
- Based on - choose needed attribute set from dropdown, which will be used as a template. In such a way, Magento attributes that are already defined in this attribute set will be used to develop target one. Default attribute set includes all system attributes, inalienable when creating any of Magento products.
Press Ok button to complete the procedure and get new attribute set in the list.
Thus, Magento attribute sets can be defined as collection of Magento attributes customized to suit certain kind of Magento products and distinguish one product from another. Store Manager functional capabilities enhance and lighten attributes and attribute sets administrating, helping develop flexible content management scheme in such a way.