Magento Import Orders
A busy store gets a bunch of orders on a daily basis, so when there occurs the need for Magento import orders procedure, it is obviously a challenge as the admin panel is missing the ability to import orders from CSV to Magento.
Why You May Need to Bulk Import/Export Orders in Magento
You may need to move sales information when you are migrating to other store, from ERP system or accounting software or upgrading from older version to newer.
Often happens the situation when you run two installs of your Magento website, the production and the development one, so you might need to transfer order data to live website.
Magento Order Import Approaches
Since there is no built-in button for this, the task requires certain development knowledge, time and efforts. Good for you if you have a full-time developer who can extract the necessary sales data from the database directly and then add info to a new store database or can write script to perform the task by means of coding.
If you do not want to spend additional budget on developer and have no special tech skills yourself, you can use had a reliable ready-made Magento order export / import extension.
Store Manager for Magento (PRO and Enterprise editions) app provides you with an easy way to export and import orders within Magento installations with a few clicks. It allows you to create a file, make on-fly changes and upload it in one go!
Why to Choose Store Manager for Magento to Import/Export Orders?
Here are a few points that make this extension stand apart the others:
- Bulk export / import of necessary (selected) Magento orders with related order details (ordered items, totals, discounts etc) as well as related customer data (billing/shipping address) and email
- Ability to map fields in case of different column names (different database structure, depending on Magento versions)
- Possibility to create customer’s account on the fly in case the client does not exist in database (Enterprise edition only)
- Multiple Magento installations support (PRO, Enterprise editions of app)
- Free 14-day version of PRO edition available, so you can do the task even without fees!
Magento Order Import Instructions
Store Manager for Magento provides an easy and safe way to import/export all or selected/filtered orders and related customer information. It includes the following steps:
- The File with Orders Data
If you are trying to transfer sales data from one Magento shop to another, to receive the spreadsheet with orders info you can export data from source Magento using Store Manager.
Just go to Orders section of Store Manager app and from the main menu launch Import/Export Wizard and select Export operation.
You can save to spreadsheet all the orders or only those which were selected or filtered before the procedure. Moreover, you can choose what exactly fields you would like to be exported moving them from the left to the right pane of the window.
Detailed step-by-step guide on Magento order export you can read here -www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/magento-orders-management/magento-export-orders/
- Import Steps1) Run import/export wizard of Store Manager and select ‘Import’ operation.
2) Select CSV or TXT file with orders info from the folder at you PC or if it is placed remotely you can use options to load files through http or ftp link -
3) Make sure that the file was loaded properly at preview and delimiters step.
4) Tick the box to import sales data to corresponding store view in case you use multi-store Magento installation.
5) At the step of mapping you can link CSV columns to database fields related to orders. This is useful in case source and target Magento databases have different structure or in case your file is formatted in some specific way.
Also select identifiers (order ID or increment ID) to differentiate your orders and purchased items.
Note: With Enterprise edition you have the chance to import orders along with customers info and create clients’ accounts on-the-fly.
With PRO edition you can import customers records (info on customer) belonging to order, but actual clients accounts will not be created. Imported orders cannot be mapped to existing customers accounts.
Standard edition does not include orders import functionality.
6) If you during import changed your mind and want to upload only a few orders as a test, you can select rows to start import from and to. No need to return and edit the file.
7) Import options step currently allows to import all the order records as new.
- Magento Order Import Results
After you hit ‘Import’ you will see changelog on procedure progress.
Ability to import comment history fields has been added starting from ver. 3.9.0 of Store Manager for Magento
When it is finished, you can check the results - new orders have been added to Orders section of Store Manager.
Magento orders import/export can be done with minimal efforts on your side with Store Manager application! Import orders FREE!
I need Order Import demo csv, and how can i add multiple products with difference price.
If I have understood you correctly, you need to import orders with multiple ordered products. To have the template of file that can be used for orders import via Store Manager for Magento software, you can export orders and check the columns of your CSV file. There is 14-day free trial version of Store Manager for Magento app, so you can download it and check how it works.
Hope this helps.
If invoices cannot be imported, does this mean all orders will be uploaded as Pending/Processing, with no record of captured payment?
Thank you for being interested in our software.
Actually, orders will be imported with current order statuses. If necessary, it is possible to change order status to Pending/Processing right during order import or after it and generate invoices for uploaded orders.
Can I keep the order number when I import orders from an old store to the new one?
Thank you for your question.
Store Manager imports all the orders as new entities. Respectively order numbers and IDs are autoincremented. Having imported orders to Store Manager, you will find their numbers and IDs different from ones, you had in the import file.