Magento Import Orders
A busy store gets a bunch of orders on a daily basis, so when there occurs the need for Magento import orders procedure, it is obviously a challenge as the admin panel is missing the ability to import orders from CSV to Magento.
Why You May Need to Bulk Import/Export Orders in Magento
You may need to move sales information when you are migrating to other store, from ERP system or accounting software or upgrading from older version to newer.
Often happens the situation when you run two installs of your Magento website, the production and the development one, so you might need to transfer order data to live website.
Magento Order Import Approaches
Since there is no built-in button for this, the task requires certain development knowledge, time and efforts. Good for you if you have a full-time developer who can extract the necessary sales data from the database directly and then add info to a new store database or can write script to perform the task by means of coding.
If you do not want to spend additional budget on developer and have no special tech skills yourself, you can use had a reliable ready-made Magento order export / import extension.
Store Manager for Magento (PRO and Enterprise editions) app provides you with an easy way to export and import orders within Magento installations with a few clicks. It allows you to create a file, make on-fly changes and upload it in one go!
Why to Choose Store Manager for Magento to Import/Export Orders?
Here are a few points that make this extension stand apart the others:
- Bulk export / import of necessary (selected) Magento orders with related order details (ordered items, totals, discounts etc) as well as related customer data (billing/shipping address) and email
- Ability to map fields in case of different column names (different database structure, depending on Magento versions)
- Possibility to create customer’s account on the fly in case the client does not exist in database (Enterprise edition only)
- Multiple Magento installations support (PRO, Enterprise editions of app)
- Free 14-day version of PRO edition available, so you can do the task even without fees!
Magento Order Import Instructions
Store Manager for Magento provides an easy and safe way to import/export all or selected/filtered orders and related customer information. It includes the following steps:
- The File with Orders Data
If you are trying to transfer sales data from one Magento shop to another, to receive the spreadsheet with orders info you can export data from source Magento using Store Manager.
Just go to Orders section of Store Manager app and from the main menu launch Import/Export Wizard and select Export operation.
You can save to spreadsheet all the orders or only those which were selected or filtered before the procedure. Moreover, you can choose what exactly fields you would like to be exported moving them from the left to the right pane of the window.
Detailed step-by-step guide on Magento order export you can read here -www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/magento-orders-management/magento-export-orders/
- Import Steps1) Run import/export wizard of Store Manager and select ‘Import’ operation.
2) Select CSV or TXT file with orders info from the folder at you PC or if it is placed remotely you can use options to load files through http or ftp link -
3) Make sure that the file was loaded properly at preview and delimiters step.
4) Tick the box to import sales data to corresponding store view in case you use multi-store Magento installation.
5) At the step of mapping you can link CSV columns to database fields related to orders. This is useful in case source and target Magento databases have different structure or in case your file is formatted in some specific way.
Also select identifiers (order ID or increment ID) to differentiate your orders and purchased items.
Note: With Enterprise edition you have the chance to import orders along with customers info and create clients’ accounts on-the-fly.
With PRO edition you can import customers records (info on customer) belonging to order, but actual clients accounts will not be created. Imported orders cannot be mapped to existing customers accounts.
Standard edition does not include orders import functionality.
6) If you during import changed your mind and want to upload only a few orders as a test, you can select rows to start import from and to. No need to return and edit the file.
7) Import options step currently allows to import all the order records as new with new order numbers and IDs.
- Magento Order Import Results
After you hit ‘Import’ you will see changelog on procedure progress.
When it is finished, you can check the results - new orders have been added to Orders section of Store Manager.