Creating and maintaining web store does not go without ultimate Magento images management. Pictures are indispensable part of website - they help you advertise goods, disposed at your website, create informative and appealing product pages, grabbing customers’ attention in such a way.
This fact forces online merchants to constantly operate with product photos. With Store Manager for Magento you can swimmingly organize pictures at your website, having multiple instruments at your disposal. It’s possible to add Magento product images via Store Manager image gallery in several mouse clicks only. If you need to add numerous images you may prefer to import them via import wizard tool, rather than upload each of them separately.
Whatever operation you are going to accomplish - upload photos to certain items or categories you are obliged to set up FTP connection. If you are not connected to FTP, you won’t be able to view pictures and upload them to the server.
FTP settings should be specified in corresponding tab of Store Manager Preferences section. Open it, using main menu button or press F12 and choose FTP tab from the list.
First of all, check radio button for one of the methods to implement FTP. After this you need to proceed with range of settings to configure FTP connection.
You should specify the following settings:
- Server address - indicate IP address or domain name of FTP server in this field, without using prefixes or suffixes.
- User Name (login)/Password - specify username and password for authentication. In case, you do not know access details, you may get this information from Hosting Company or create FTP user with access details via hosting control panel.
- Port number - usually set 21 in this field, although it may differ, depending on server settings
- Timeout - time the application tries to connect to FTP. For example, if you set 10 seconds in this field and connection was not established during that time, there will be timeout
- Store root directory - indicate name of store root directory
In Additionals you should specify:
- Max FTP threads - define the number of threads possible. Your Hosting Company may put some limitation on the number of threads allowed.
- Cache images - enable to cache Magento images
- Clear image cache - clear local pictures cache.
Use Test Connection button to check whether settings were configured properly.
FTP connection is also required when working with Store Diagnostics. Imagery handling becomes more and more meticulous with Store Diagnostics functionality the application incorporates. You can figure out missing product images or those, that do not refer to any product.
Once you have established FTP connection you can commence on Magento product images upload or check images with Store Diagnostics. Make notice, while adding images via Image Gallery you can configure FTP connection right from Load Image window.
* Now SFTP tab supports the possibility to load private key. Please note, Store Manager supports OpenSSH format, so if you have PPK key you need to transfer it to supported format to be able to load it with Store Manager.
To find details on image upload read the article - www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/magento-product-management/import-images-with-store-manager-for-magento